Monday, March 14, 2011

Jedi Karter turns 4

If you know me, you know I'm not a crafty person. I like things that are easy and low maintenance. But this year for Karter's birthday I decided I would give being creative and crafty a try, thank goodness for Etsy and people that are actually creative, and make things I can buy!I found some cute printables for the decorations and the cupcake toppers. I made his invitation using some scanned images. And searched the internet for some cute ideas.When the kids arrived they all got a lightsaber (made out of pool noodles and shiny duct tape) and either a Darth Vader or a clone trooper mask. Then all the kids went outside and dueled.After playing the kids came in for some "Han" sandwiches, "space puffs", "Chewbacca chips", "light sabers" (grape kabobs), Wookie cookies", and "Yoda soda" (Sprite & lime sherbet)

Then we opened presentsThen we had a Darth Vader pinata. Unfortunately it broke on Karter's 3rd hit, so none of the other kids got a whack at it, but luckily they didn't seem to mind.

We then sang "Happy Birthday" and had cupcakes
And lastly we played Lego Star Wars bingo. All the kids got a treat bag with a Star Wars cup, some Blox candy and Lego Star Wars Stickers. We had such a blast, and even though it was a lot of hard work, I may consider doing something like this again for one of the other kids...we'll see how long it takes me to clean up he house first!



1 comment: